Here are 40 random fun facts from Factgasm’s Instagram/Facebook Page.
40 Random Fun Facts
1. The first April Fool’s joke by Google was in 2000 when Google announced its mindreading ability for searches called “MENTALPLEX”.
2.In China, rich people can hire body doubles to serve their prison time .
3. Mauna Kea is over 10,000 M (33,000 FT) tall, making it the world’s tallest mountain from base to summit,surpassing Mount Everest.
4.Whales will drown if they stay under water for more than 30 minutes .
5.In BHUTAN,all citizens officially become one year older on new year’s day so as to not forget anyone’s birthday.
6. North Korea owes Sweden €300 M for 1,000 Volvos it stole 40 years ago and is still using.
7. In 1977, 15 year old Kevin Baugh and his friend decided to start their own country.Because…why not? the self -declared micronation(which is not formally recognised by the US) came to be known as the republic of Molossia, and thirty nine years after its inception,Baugh is still the sitting President.
8. Roman emperor Caligula declared war on Neptune (GOD OF SEA) .His army sailed through the sea and used swords to splash against the sea water. And finding no response from the sea he claimed victory
9.VOLKSWAGEN group owns automobile manufacturers Audi,Bentley,Porsche,Lamborghini,Bugatti and Skoda.And Volkswagen group is owned by Porsche automobile holding SE.
10. The sunlight received by the earth fr breakfast to lunch,contains more energy than the all fossil fuels burned by humans throughout history.
11. It can be estimated that less than 5.8% of the world’s population can solve the Rubik’s Cube.
12. The world oceans contain nearly 20 million tons of gold. If all the gold suspended in the world’s seawater were mined, each person on earth could have about 9 pounds of gold.
13. According to Time, Tony Stark (Ironman) is richer than Bruce Wayne (Batman) by 3.2 billion dollars.
14. It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
15. Chennai was the only Indian city to come under attack by the forces of the central powers during the first World War.
16. A person named Benjamin Careathers, sued Red Bull for not giving him ” WINGS” . And he won more than 13 million dollars as the settlement .
17. Leonardo Dicaprio is named after the artist Leonardo Da Vinci , as his pregnant mother was standing in front of a Leonardo Da Vinci painting the first time she felt him kick .
18. It will take 1,200,000 mosquitoes all sucking at same time to drain the entire blood from an average human body.
19. Chinese (Mandarin) is the most spoken language in the world with around 1.2 billion native speakers, followed by Spanish ,English, Hindi and Arabic respectively .
20. 149-0 is the biggest win in a football match.
21. There were only 2 cars in the state of Ohio in 1895. They ran into each other .Then there were no cars .
22. Whenever you shuffle a pack, you are very very highly likely to come up with a stack which has never been seen in the history of mankind .
23. Because China has only one time zone inspite of having a huge demographic area, it’s common in some westernmost part such like in Xinjiang to see sunset at midnight and sunrise around 10 AM.
24. Steve Jobs was adopted shortly after he was born, as he was born to an underage mother. He met his biological mother and sister very late in life .
25. Since its Independence in 1947, India has fought 8 main wars – 4 with Pakistan, 1 with China, 1 with Portugal (to take Goa),1 with Hyderabad Nizam to take the territory into India and 1 in Maldives to restore government rule.
26.The full title of SHAH JAHAN as an emperor was ” SHAHANSHAH AL-SULTAN AL-AZAM WAL KHAQAN AL-MUKARRAM, MALIK-UL-SULTANAT, ALA HAZRAT ABU’L-MUZAFFAR SHAHAB UD-DIN MUHAMMAD SHAH JAHAN I,SAHIB-I QIRAN-I-SANI ,PADSHAH GHAZI ZILLU’LLAH, FIRDAUS-ASHIYANI,SHAHANSHA—E—SULTANAT UL HINDIYA WAL MUGHALIYA”
27. The longest video on youtube is 571 hours,1 minute, and 41 seconds.The video is a slideshow of Jonathan Harchicks (The video’s creator) trip to chili in 2009.
28. The election commission of India builds a polling booth in the midst of Gujarat ‘s Gir forest for one and only one voter named Mahant Bharat Darshandas .Darshandas is said to be one of india’s most prized voter.
29.Up until the mid-15TH century, all childern were referred to as girls. Boys were called ” Knave girls” and girls were called “Gay girls” .Previously the word boy, meant a servant .
30. Almost is the longest english word with all letters in alphabetical order.
31. Every century , Earth’s rotation slows down by about 1.4 milliseconds. When the dinosaurs were around ,a day lasted about 23 hours.NASA reports that earth’s rotation was exactly 24 hours im 1820,but is now off by 2.5 milliseconds.
32. The most push ups completed in 24 hours was 46,001 by Charles Servizio (USA) in Fontana, California , USA , on 24-25 April 1993.
33. In 1923, Jockey Frank Hayes won a race at Belmont Park in New York despite being dead – he suffered a heart attack mid -race, but his body stayed in the saddle until his horse crossed the line for a 20-1 outsider victory.
34. HINDUISM is the world’s 3rd largest religion closely following Christianity and Islam. However,unlike the top 2 religions, 95% of Hindus live in a single nation.
35.If you fold a piece of paper ( of regular thickness) 50 times ,its thicknes would be equal to the distance from earth to the sun.
36. Samsung makes Iphone’s processors .Sony makes Iphone ‘s camera sensors.
37. In 1967 ,Australia ‘s Prime Minister Harold Holt went to swim and he was never seen again.
38.There is a mountain in Australia named MT DISAPPOINTMENT because the view from the top disappointed British explorers .
39. Of all countries that celebrate Independence day, 58 are independent of the UK,26 of France,21 of Russia and 21 of Spain.
40.Within two days of release, THE DARK KNIGHT was already ranked as the greatest film of all time by users on IMDB. It is now in fourth position.